Thursday, February 19, 2009

Circuit Chitty


So I walked in today at about 10 in the morning. About the time they open.

I went to look at a JVC dock, that dual one. MSRP is $100, right? It is at my Walmart. I don't think we make up MSRP. So... Yeah.

First, I talked to some head guy, who tried to tell me everything went up to MSRP on January 15th. No, sir. The dock had been $100 ever since that date, and long before then. He told me, it was supposed to be $150, marked down to $90. The 40% off was supposed to be $60, from $100, not $90 from $150.

I gave up and told him whatever, and asked him if he had the remote for it - I explained that the settings on that dock can only be accessed from the remote.

He called over to some know-nothing kid. He went back and checked all the accessories for the rest of the docks that they apparently kept in manilla envelopes. Nope. It was missing. Thanks!

I asked him about the pricing too. His response, and I quote "I have no idea". He said it in this slow slurred voice, honestly showing he had no clue. I asked him then about the MSRP, and that it in reality is $100. Again he said "I have no idea", in that same exact voice.

I half laughed and half sighed. I then asked him about where I could get another remote. Se stared at me like I just switched to speaking Chinese. He said it again. "I have no idea"...

I told him that he could think about it and I'll be in again.

No I won't.

Lesson learned? Shop at Walmat.

I knew Circuit City would do this - they're marking up their prices to not only offset the discounts, but attempt to further profit from them as well.

Circuit City, New Hartford New York, 13413, in case you're wondering - fuck you.

No comments: