Thursday, November 1, 2007

Whoops, Wrong iPod


Back in the day, maybe a couple months ago, my local Key Bank had some promotion where you open some account and get a free iPod Nano. Unlike FSJ, not just a free fake iPod Nano in the mail, this is a real live iPod Nano.

I'm all for it. I like free things. I live off free things. Air, water fountains, organic veggie burgers... You know, the usual. Well, I see this ad for a Nano. See that Nano? I did too, that's why I went for it. It's a Nano. Well, over the course of an evening, setting up the account took over 2 hours. Turns out that not everything was done yet. That's ok. I go back. Another hour long visit.

Unlike most bank tellers, this woman knew things. Too bad she was still using an old IBM. Why is it all businesses use old IBM computers? It seems like they do. I don't get it. Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, Microsoft... I'm going to drop to the ground and foam from the mouth the next time I get a receipt handed to me that's been printed off an IBM. I swear to god I will.

I waited for this iPod like any other proud self-appointed member of the Apple Faithful. It came today.

I was slapped in the face with 17 tons of childlike wonder. This thing is so amazingly glorious that I can't even put it into words. Go to your local Apple store and hold it. Imagine it's yours. Yeah, that's the feeling. You feel it yet? Show it the love. You heard me. Love it a little. Make it yours before you have to put it down and walk away like you're at an AA meeting. Word.

It's simply amazing. It's everything I imagined and 3 times that even. Maybe even more. Wait, yeah, much more. Steve, you really are iCon. Thank you.

Thank you for announcing the new iPods right around the time of this promotion, and thank you key bank for ordering the new Nanos instead of getting old refurbished Minis or something.

I'm off to wield the power of dual iPods. That's right. Force to be reckoned with.

Oh, and yes, the Nano is formatted to Macintosh through iBook. Believe it.

No comments: